Friday, January 9, 2009

I must be a Mean Granny

Cute girls, one year apart in age. What one couldn't think of the other one could. They didn't both live with me at the same time, thank God. Allie Cat lived with me and Hippy Child lived with her Mom. It was in the same small town. They ran around with each other and two or three other friends.

It did come in handy working for the District Court, juvenile division. There were things I could find out and they didn't know. That and Allie Cats Mom had put a spy on her computer. We knew every word she typed, sent or received. That was a big help. Of course she had no idea. I told them I just got these feeling that something was going on. That or one of the kids a court was talking about a party that was going to be held that night.

I also knew the kids that they should not be hanging out with or be in the company of. Allie Cat had this "boyfriend". He was or is a cute kid. At least the last time I saw him he was still cute. I haven't seen him since he got out of the juvenile detention center or was that prison. I had told her she couldn't see him. I know she still did but it did limit the amout of time she was with him. He just couldn't understand why I didn't like him. He was use to fooling parents with his charm and manners and he was from a good family. The little pot head. I think she is now glad that I had put my foot down about him. Her Mom said she was a much better behaved kid when she moved back home. (at least for a year or two) I think she has finally grown up.

Hippy Child moved in when her Mom married and moved to another town. Hippy Child was in her senior year at school and didn't want to change schools. So she moved into my home. Believe me, that picture of her in her graduation gown and that big smile of hers was very close to not happening. It was so close that her name wasn't on the graduation program. That's how close it was. Hippy Child now lives in Arizona, going to school and learning some type of new dance. She is one of the funniest and most fun person to be around. I miss her terribly.

For some reason I think my kids would threaten their kids with "if you don't behave I'll send you to live with your Granny". I have no idea why!

3 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

Well, that sure would have been a help to me when my kids were in high school. You Know. Having someone in the know at juvenile court, lol! Well, really just for my son... he was the party king & had more parties at our house than I will probably ever know about.

I know how proud of them you must be, since they have both turned out to be lovely young women. Excellent job Grams!

brneyedgal967 said...

I thank God for you. Really, I do. I don't know what I would've done with Alleycat if you hadn't been there. I was losing her and for whatever reason, what I was doing or trying to do wasn't working. She wouldn't listen to me. At. All.

And yeah, between the spy program I had on the computer and you working at the courthouse, she had no chance of us NOT knowing what she was up to or who she was hanging around. All I can say is - IT WORKED!

Shawn said...

Aww...great pic of Hippie Chick and Alley Cat. I miss her tons also and it was great to see Alley at Christmas.